Prevent a frozen water damage event in your home or business this winter.
SERVPRO of Central Manhattan professionals specialize in the cleanup and restoration of your Manhattan residential or commercial property after a frozen water property damage emergency.
Our specialized equipment and highly trained staff has the scope of services to handle your property restoration needs from start to finish. We understand you may not have all the answers, calling our team connects you to professionals that can provide the answers to your restoration concerns and tailor a solution to repair your home or business, “Like it never even happened.”
These are a few tips you can take to try and avoid turning the coming frigid days and nights into inconvenient and expensive property disasters.
HELP PREVENT FROZEN WATER ISSUES IN YOUR HOME
- Exposed pipes are the most susceptible to freezing, insulate pipes in your home's crawl spaces and attic.
- Heat tape or thermostatically controlled heat cables can be used to wrap pipes and prevent ice dams.
- Seal air leaks in your attic, basement and exterior walls, look for air leaks around electrical wiring, vents, and pipes, and use caulk or insulation to keep the cold out.
- To avoid ice dams, add roof and soffit vents to regulate the air temperature close to the underside of the roof.
- Sump pumps and sub-floor drainage systems are typically used to avoid the continued damage associated with basements and other foundation issues.
- A trickle of hot and cold water might be all it takes to keep your pipes from freezing.
- Let warm water drip overnight, from a faucet on an outside wall.
- Open cabinet doors to allow heat to get to un-insulated pipes under sinks and appliances near exterior walls.
For more HELP WITH YOUR RESTORATION AFTER A FROZEN WATER PROPERTY DAMAGE... Connect with us on Facebook!