SERVPRO smoke odor removal and fire damage disaster restoration services
Don’t let an smoke and soot from fire pits and BBQs ruin your property, SERVPRO of Central Manhattan has some helpful tips for preventing fire property disasters.
It’s a great time to tryout some new grilling recipes and perfect your marshmallow roasting technique. Spending summer evenings outdoors cooking yummy things on the grill and relaxing with family and friends by the fire pit are wonderful ways to make great spring and summer memories. July is the peak month for outdoor fire mishaps and property damage concerns. It’s important to keep safety in mind when enjoying these fun but hazardous activities this summer, SERVPRO wants your summer to be remembered for fabulous food and outdoor entertaining, not the charred steaks and a burnt building.
Contact us today if your home has experienced smoke or soot damage from an outdoor fire mishap or an accidental fire disaster.
REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE FROM OUTDOOR GRILLS & FIRE PITS… NEVER LEAVE YOUR BURNING GRILL OR FIRE UNATTENDED!
Tips for Backyard Grill and Fire Pit Fire Safety
• Keep at least a safe 3-foot clearance around the entire grill or fire pit. Keep kids and pets clear of this area too!
• Move the grill away from the house and fence, and move it out from underneath any overhangs. Do not use the grill under trees or near shrubbery.
• Regularly clean out the grease traps on your grill to prevent grease fires.
• Never leave your grill unattended!
• If using charcoal, make sure the coals have cooled completely before disposing of them in a metal container.
• Keeping a fire extinguisher or a big box of baking soda in the vicinity is good idea in case a fire does breakout.
• Drag a hose over to where you’re burning. If you have a sprayer on your hose, turn the water on and keep it on until you’re through with your fire in case of an emergency.
• Never have a fire under trees or overhangs, near shrubbery, or close to the house.
• Keep flammable materials away from fires.
• Never have a fire on a windy day!